Protein bars don’t need to be prepackaged, filled with crap or difficult to make if you decide to do your own. Real ingredients can be put together quickly to create a filling and tasty bar. These leave room for the components you enjoy too. If you would like to add in pumpkin seeds, a different kind of nut, or use peanut butter instead of almond, feel free! I used a plain vanilla protein powder in mine, but you can use whatever you enjoy as a protein shake, or you have in your kitchen needing to be used up. Chocolate would be great too! Give these a try, and I think you will ditch the prepackaged ones!! Oh, you can freeze these too for a quick snack to grab (if there are any left at the end of the day!!). Want them sweeter? Add a bit more Swerve, or feel free to use monk fruit. Experiment!! It is the best part of cooking!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1 each egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder
- 1/4 cup Swerve confectioners
- 2 cups nuts- almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, pecans. Whatever you have on hand
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (to bind)
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips (I like Lily's brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Press into a parchment lined 8" x 8" pan. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (if your pan in larger, check more frequently!)Remove from oven and top with sugar free chocolate chips (I like Lily's). Let chips melt, and spread over the top of the bars. Let cool, and cut into whatever size you want. Keep in mind, these are VERY filling!!