If you have a fridge full of vegetables or leftovers, this is the perfect recipe!
State Fair Stir Fry
We made this one on the stage at the Minnesota State Fair in 2016! This recipe lends itself to so many manifestations. It can be vegan, vegetarian, paleo or keto with just a few simple tweaks!Make it a paleo dish by taking out the potatoes, adding in grassfed ground beef or pork, or organic chicken! Make a hearty vegan dish by adding in quinoa or brown rice and lentils. Create an Italian inspired skillet dinner by leaving out the tamari and putting in spinach, fresh basil and oregano! THE POSSIBILITIES WITH THIS DISH ARE ENDLESS!!! Any vegetables can be used including asparagus, sweet potatoes, corn, green or yellow beans, cauliflower, broccoli…whatever pops up in the garden, cut it up and throw it in!
- 2 tbsp Olive oil or grassfed butter
- 1 each Eggplant
- 2 each Zucchini
- 1 each Red onion
- 1 each Peppers red, green, purple…whatever you have!
- 1 each Yellow squash
- 1 each Potatoes
- 1 pkg Mushrooms
- 1 each Heirloom tomatoes
- 1 each Beets
- to taste Salt, pepper, gluten free tamari, or coconut aminos
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, salt, pepper and a little tamari and saute approximately 5 minutes. Add potatoes, eggplant and beets, cover and cook until slightly tender (5-10 minutes depending on thickness of slices). Uncover and add zucchini, squash and tomatoes. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally until heated through, about 5 minutes. Taste it! Add more salt, pepper or tamari as needed for your taste.
- If you like it hotter, throw in a little cumin or red pepper flakes!