Cooking and baking should be simple and enjoyable. With minimal real food ingredients, and lots of variations, these muffins are one of the easiest recipes around!!
Muffins are something many of us miss when we adopt the grain and gluten free way of eating. This recipe will forever solve that problem. With a huge variety of options for add-ins you can make these any way you like! By adding in berries, raisins, shredded carrots, banana pieces, apples, nuts, chocolate chips…or some combination of the above, you could make a different muffin every week for months!! These freeze well too, so try some variations for yourself. What did you come up with? I would love to see your pictures and ideas in the comments!!
Grain, Gluten and Sugar-Free Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil-room temperature
- 1/2 stick butter-softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve sweetener (confectioners or granulated)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Whatever you want to throw in!! Nuts, berries, apples, bananas, chocolate chips...
- This is an easy one!! Preheat the oven to 350. Line 12 muffin tins with paper or silicone liners. In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon-Mix well with a fork. Make a well in the center and drop in all of the wet ingredients except the add-ins. Fold in the wet to the dry ingredients, mixing until no dry flour bits are visible.Add in whatever "add-ins" you would like to make the muffins your own. Literally anything can be thrown in at this point! See the list in the ingredients, but let me know what you come up with! I would love to see your creations!Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and allow to cool before eating (this can be difficult, as I always want to taste them right away!!)Enjoy!