Italian Meatballs with Creamy Parmesan Veggies
This recipe, like all of mine, has room for variation! I use whatever vegetables I have in the fridge. Feel free to experiment and customize to your family's tastes.
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 2 cloves Garlic or MORE
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning to taste
- 1 tsp Ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt to taste
- 1 each Egg-lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil or grassfed butter
- 5 cups Veggies- spinach, yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, kale Any veggies you love work here!
- 1/2 cup Cream ( the REAL stuff!!)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (more for sprinkling)
Combine the beef, egg, garlic, and spices and shape into meatballs. Cook meatballs in hot oil or butter over medium heat until browned. Remove meatballs to a separate plate. Add a bit more butter or olive oil if needed. Cut veggies into bite sized pieces and add to the pan, stirring frequently. Add spinach and kale last and stir until just wilted. Add in the cream, parmesan cheese and additional spices (Italian, salt and pepper), then put meatballs back in. Cover and simmer for just a few minutes until everything is hot!! Serve in a bowl with more parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!